What to expect during UNGA75-3C?
- A dialogue with the H.E. Ms. Michelle Bachelet, the High Commissioner for Human Rights, is expected to take place 14 October.
- The President of the Human Rights Council is expected to present the Council Report on 30 October, and participate in a dialogue, followed by a general discussion.
- The Third Committee will hear presentations from sixty (the exact number subject to change) special procedures mandate holders and other experts.
- There are no new thematic or country resolutions anticipated.
- The Human Rights Council Council and last year’s the Third Committee, have seen an increase in pushback on agreed language, established procedures and general etiquette, that could extend into this Third Committee Session.
- Due to restrictions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s Third Committee will take place in person and online.
- Resolution topics this year include extrajudicial or arbitrary executions, the moratorium on the use of the death penalty, human rights and extreme poverty, the right to privacy, and more.
For all resolutions anticipated at this session, as well as Special Procedure presentations and reports, see the full Inside Track.