URG aims to be ahead of the curve in identifying and offering timely policy analysis and advice on human rights concerns relevant to today’s world and mobilise concerted action, especially at the Human Rights Council. To do so, URG partners with States, civil society organisations and private actors to develop recommendations and best practices for incorporating a human rights-based approach to these new issues. In doing so, URG focuses its work on ‘linking the international and the national,’ both through capacity-building activities with developing countries, and by working with UN agencies.
Our programmes and projects
- Environment and human rights
- Gender equality and sexual and reproductive health and rights
- New and emerging technologies (NET)
- Business, corruption, and human rights
- Inequality and social rights