The URG is a not-for-profit organisation, registered under Swiss law. Since its establishment in 2013, URG has received financial support from the following governments and public entities. The URG is extremely grateful for this support, without which it would not be possible to continue its important work.
Glion Human Rights Dialogue
- Baden-Wurttemberg Foundation
- Cité de Genève
- Etat de Genève (also provided initial support for establishment of URG office)
- Eugen Biser Foundation
- Kingdom of Morocco
- United Kingdom
- Professor Daniel Magraw, member of the URG Board of Trustees
- Inter-Parliamentary Union
- Mary Robinson Foundation for Climate Justice
In addition, in order to complete the URG-Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) project on business and human rights, URG secured funding for the project’s implementation from a number of businesses, including: Eli Lilly, Telenor, Mazars, and DLA Piper, as well as other entities including Global Business Initiative (GBI) and the UK (Foreign and Commonwealth Office).